At different times of the calendar year there will be good opportunities to run a sales listing drive. As part of that you will be choosing the best methods of marketing and sale. Business and investor sentiment will also have something to do with the choices made here.
So you have some sales listings? Maybe you want more of that? Either way, here are the main factors of opportunity to tap into as you drive the sales momentum forward locally:
- Timing for season and location – look at the property activity for the year, and reflect on the history for the area. Most sales calendars are best commenced just after the Christmas break and also just after the change in the financial year. In each case you have a few months to build momentum on listed properties, and the people looking to buy are not generally distracted in local business issues or holidays.
- Best methods of sale for the time of year – you have a few methods of sale at your disposal. Choose the right ones that match the property and the client’s needs. At the basic end of the equation you will have auctions, tender, expressions of interest, and sale at a price. One or more of those methods will be the right choice for your listing. Talk to the client and get their commitment to your recommendations; explain the issue to them, and convert them. Match some vendor paid marketing into the right method of sale, and the exclusive listing process.
- Talk to the right investors and property owners – every listing will be more or less attractive to certain segments of the local property market. Find those people by directly target marketing at an individual level. Get involved separately in doing that. Make sure that you meet with the right people in the right places. You want them to know you and remember you as the industry professional that they require.
- Repeat contact 300/90 – in our industry, regular contact will always help listing momentum and conversion. All of the people in your database should be spoken to regularly. The 90-day cycle works well. The way to achieve that level of contact will be through deliberate calls, letters, and meetings. The database that you use should be adjusted to bring up that 90-day process of contact automatically.
- Use valuable and relevant marketing methods – if you have a commercial property to sell, the marketing message has to get out effectively and directly. Establish a comprehensive campaign process with all of your listings. Stage the campaign and adjust the promotional text and advertising frequency mid-term for refreshed inquiry.
- Track your streets and location progress – when you have anything to sell or market, review the streets and the competing listings. Get very involved in local area marketing. Know what is happening in the streets and do something with that knowledge.
These simple strategies are all relevant and special in the sales drive that you may create in your commercial real estate business. Optimize the process of promotion and property momentum. The first few weeks of any sales campaign are the most important. Get involved and get active.