When you pitch and present your listing strategies to a client, are you clear and precise about how the client should move ahead with you and why that is the case? Help the client see that you are the best solution to their property challenge; be special and real to their situation and property asset.
So how can you do this?
Give them some property listing and marketing strategies that then cannot refuse or ignore. Show them that you really understand the current situation that they find themselves in, and that you have a definite path of resolve. Have some stories from the location of others that you have helped move ahead in similar property situations.
Here are some other ideas to apply to the listing discussion with the client or prospect:
- Inspection strategy – demonstrate that you have a clear strategy and method of inspecting the property that will give the client a better chance of attracting offers from the target market. You can walk the client through the property as part of that strategic approach; you can also use your mobile telephone to record the inspection process in video, and show them the factors that you find really important to the property marketing and presentation process.
- Short listed interested parties – using your current database, you should have a short list of buyers or tenants to apply to the property inspection as soon as the listing comes on market. With suitable anonymity, show the client the short list so they know that it exists and explain how you will be using that list in moving ahead.
- Marketing solutions and alternatives – your marketing recommendations for the asset should not be ordinary, so take the time to build a marketing campaign that reaches deeply into the target market. Provide 3 alternatives with the campaigns so the client has some choices and budget alternatives. Give the client your clear marketing recommendations so they can see the best ways forward, and show them samples of other adverts used locally and tell them why certain solutions are better for their property in the current market conditions.
- Targeted marketing and personal direct marketing – the property has to be placed firmly in front of the current prospects and target market that you have in mind. Explain how you will do that, and provide the client with a way in which you will be communicating progress on each stage of the campaign.
- Negotiation control – tell the client how you are to be preparing for the negotiation well before it is to occur. When you have qualified a seller or tenant as the case may be, you will have stages of qualification and communication that should be professionally controlled so the offer is encouraged in the correct legal format. Exactly how will you do that? Explain those facts to the client as part of your listing and or presentation pitch.
To capture the interests of the client as part of any listing presentation and brokerage pitch, you have to stand out as relevant and real for the location and the property type. Help the client see that you are the best solution to assist them through the challenge with their property and the current market conditions.
To convert more listings over time, make sure that you are providing your clients and customers with a clear strategy to move ahead that is carefully crafted for the situation.
In commercial real estate brokerage, there is a direct correlation between vendor paid marketing and the inbound inquiry you can generate on listings.
NB – Need some ideas? You can get our commercial real estate brokerage course here.
If you are looking to grow your market share and improve the results for your clients, then you simply must seek and convert vendor paid marketing as part of your business model. It is the best solution for creating inquiry. It is also the best solution for getting results for the clients that you work for.
Lift Enquiry in Better Ways
As the level of property inquiry escalates as part of a dedicated and special promotional program, this is what typically happens:
- Your database grows with quality people calling you on the better listings
- Better quality listings allow you to speak to active investors and business leaders for the location
- Your existing listing stock allows you to talk to other local people.
- You get known as a property specialist for the location and that then helps you build listings with other locals
- Other local property owners get to notice you as the ‘go to person’ for the location and property type
So these are all good things. Your ability to create vendor paid marketing will help you get started on the road to improved market presence.
Revisit Your Listing Presentation
What you can do here is put VPA into your listing pitch in such a way that it is hard to ignore or avoid. Most property owners and business leaders want faster results with their property challenge. Vendor paid marketing allows you to do that.
So here are some ways to sell the marketing message and the requirement for vendor funds in your listing pitch:
- Vary your packages offered – Most clients like to have a choice when presented with property matters and challenges. Give them 3 different approaches to marketing and advertising coverage (also provide the reasons for the different packages). When they have choices, the advertising spend gets a bit easier.
- Show the value of a timed campaign – When should the campaign start and why is that the case? You should have answers to those questions and feed those matters into the client presentation.
- Focus in on a target marketing – Put your targeted buyers or tenants into your campaign and categorize them for the client. That then makes it easier for the client to see who you are chasing for inspections and how you are going to create their interest.
- Differentiate between local area marketing and regional coverage (where the property makes it necessary). There are differences in approach for each market segment, so treat them differently in your marketing.
- Split campaign focus into primary and secondary coverage both online and offline – When you have done this, you can stage the campaign into segments and points of focus.
- Use a private website portal to help the client see your feedback and results coming in – Make it easy for the client to see the results of recent marketing and inspections. A private portal can easily be merged into your website for the VIP clients and Exclusive listings that you have now and those that you will convert.
- Put yourself into the property campaign – Help the client see that you are important to the promotion of the property, because you will be doing certain things that are critical to getting results with both inquiries and inspections.
From these simple and yet specific things, you can drive better levels of property enquiry. Look at your listing processes in commercial real estate now and consider how you can convert vendor paid marketing with each and every presentation that you make; your career will escalate faster if you can resolve the equation.