When you pitch and present your listing strategies to a client, are you clear and precise about how the client should move ahead with you and why that is the case? Help the client see that you are the best solution to their property challenge; be special and real to their situation and property asset.
So how can you do this?
Give them some property listing and marketing strategies that then cannot refuse or ignore. Show them that you really understand the current situation that they find themselves in, and that you have a definite path of resolve. Have some stories from the location of others that you have helped move ahead in similar property situations.
Here are some other ideas to apply to the listing discussion with the client or prospect:
- Inspection strategy – demonstrate that you have a clear strategy and method of inspecting the property that will give the client a better chance of attracting offers from the target market. You can walk the client through the property as part of that strategic approach; you can also use your mobile telephone to record the inspection process in video, and show them the factors that you find really important to the property marketing and presentation process.
- Short listed interested parties – using your current database, you should have a short list of buyers or tenants to apply to the property inspection as soon as the listing comes on market. With suitable anonymity, show the client the short list so they know that it exists and explain how you will be using that list in moving ahead.
- Marketing solutions and alternatives – your marketing recommendations for the asset should not be ordinary, so take the time to build a marketing campaign that reaches deeply into the target market. Provide 3 alternatives with the campaigns so the client has some choices and budget alternatives. Give the client your clear marketing recommendations so they can see the best ways forward, and show them samples of other adverts used locally and tell them why certain solutions are better for their property in the current market conditions.
- Targeted marketing and personal direct marketing – the property has to be placed firmly in front of the current prospects and target market that you have in mind. Explain how you will do that, and provide the client with a way in which you will be communicating progress on each stage of the campaign.
- Negotiation control – tell the client how you are to be preparing for the negotiation well before it is to occur. When you have qualified a seller or tenant as the case may be, you will have stages of qualification and communication that should be professionally controlled so the offer is encouraged in the correct legal format. Exactly how will you do that? Explain those facts to the client as part of your listing and or presentation pitch.
To capture the interests of the client as part of any listing presentation and brokerage pitch, you have to stand out as relevant and real for the location and the property type. Help the client see that you are the best solution to assist them through the challenge with their property and the current market conditions.
To convert more listings over time, make sure that you are providing your clients and customers with a clear strategy to move ahead that is carefully crafted for the situation.