When it comes to marketing commercial real estate for sale or for lease, the marketing program recommended by agents has to be well planned and directed at the right target segments. Gone are the days of generic marketing campaigns and wasting the clients money on any old marketing plan; the property market is just too variable.
It should be said that vendor paid advertising is still the norm when it comes to commercial property marketing, although specific campaigns are required to tap into the right segments of buyers or tenants as the case may be.
The levels of enquiry from buyers and sellers on good commercial property are still there, but reaching them and triggering the enquiry is the tricky part. Today the marketing tools for commercial real estate agents to use are a mixture of the traditional and the newer forms of marketing. That being:
- Newspaper (less of an impact now)
- Signboard (still very effective)
- Internet portals push to specialist property websites (high value)
- Agency Website(s)
- Email marketing to qualified buyers and tenants
- Database contact to previous people that have made a property enquiry
- Direct mail to businesses and property owners
- Direct calls to prospects and target market segments
- Brochures sent in Post Office deliveries to businesses
- Downloadable brochures and pdf flyers
As to what you select as the best methods of marketing really depends on the methods of sale or lease, the target market, the type of enquiry coming in, the available funds, and the time of promotion.
When a property is well promoted it will create enquiry, some of which will be relevant to the particular property. Any unsatisfied enquiry can be recorded in a database for future contact when the right property comes along. The most successful agents in this market are the ones that work their database and keep information relevant and up to date.
Commercial real estate is a people business. Keep in contact with the right property owners and business leaders; the opportunities will evolve.
You can get more ideas about commercial real estate agency at our website http://www.commercial-realestate-training.com/