Yes it is a bit tough in the property market at the moment. The challenges are many but they can be handled with the right mindset and personal processes.
When this tough property market becomes a frustration for you the agent, the answer is to get more active in prospecting. Action within a consistent prospecting system creates momentum with the right types of prospects. This will turn a difficult market into and OK market for you.
Property owners and investors need agents that know what is going on in a tough market. The more that you know, the more value you are to the property owners you can serve.
Systems of action are more important now than ever before for real estate agents. Systems help to keep them on the critical things that matter. That is:
- Finding buyers that can purchase in this market
- Finding tenants that want to move soon to alternative premises
- Identifying sellers that need help in shifting the property
- Matching sellers and buyers to a property sale off market
- Matching investors and tenants to a lease when vacancy threatens the cash flow income from the property
One key word convers all of these points. That one word is ‘prospecting’. When times are tough, start prospecting more than ever before. At least half of your working day should be spent outside the office prospecting.
You can get more ideas on cold calling and prospecting for commercial real estate agents at our website http://www.commercial-realestate-training.com/