Every real estate agent wants to dominate their market. The competition around you makes it hard but if you follow the rules you can get more than your share of listings and commissions even in a tough property market. It all comes down to what you do and your focus in systemising the right actions. Success comes from the system and your ability to maintain it.
Systemising your most important actions is then the key to building market dominance. Every day you have to do the right things; repetition is the key. Whilst some markets are quite special, here are some key critical things to consider and build into your diary system or time management process.
- Calling new people every day should be part of your prospecting model. Without new people to fill your prospecting funnel, nothing new will happen.
- Make sure that every listing has a sign on it (where possible), as local businesses and property investors will perceive the sign as market domination
- Refresh your listings on your website and industry website sites so they are up to date and active for search engines and the prospects that are looking around
- Write a blog on your industry speciality and keep it new and fresh with new property ideas and observations
- Write articles and send them to the article sites for more market exposure to search engines
- Create a email newsletter to send to your contacts and prospects every 2 weeks
- Use a database to capture the qualified contacts that you make and keep in contact at least every 90 days.
It’s not hard to drive a great market share; it just takes personal system and persistence. Most of your competition agents will not do all of these things on a regular basis. Success as a real estate agent awaits.
You can get some more ideas on this and other tips for commercial and retail real estate agents at http://www.commercial-realestate-training.com/