When it comes to property performance today, landlords want stability of their tenant mix and tenant profile. Anchor tenants and major occupiers of space in the building need to be nurtured.
Even in the best of properties you will come across a vacancy issue. On that basis the property or leasing manager should maintain a strategy to optimise and grow leasing leads. When the vacancy then happens, the available space can then be marketed to the tenants that are already qualified and on your list.
The database for the leasing agent then becomes critical to the leasing service provided to the landlords and quality properties in the local area.
The local leasing agent should know their area, the lease incentives, the factors of supply and demand, and the trends of the leasing market. They should know what works and what does not when it comes to a new lease of premises in today’s market. Without this information the landlords will not fully understand the benefit of the lease offer to be put to them; that then just makes the final lease negotiation all that much harder.
To generate leasing leads in this market here are a few tips for commercial property agents.
- Keep in contact with business leaders in all major businesses.
- Monitor the demographic changes to the community at large.
- Review the tenancy schedules in all large leased properties for expiry opportunities.
- Tap into the lease deals that are being done by all agents so you know the real rents and not just the advertised rents.
- Talk to landlords on a regular basis in case they can use a tenant retention plan or tenant mix strategy.
You can get more ideas to lease commercial premises at our website http://www.commercial-realestate-training.com/
One reply on “How to Generate Leasing Leads Today in Commercial Property”
Hello there, I found your web site via Google while searching for a related topic, your web site came up, it looks great. I have bookmarked it in my google bookmarks.