When you work as a real estate agent in commercial real estate it is important that you implement and monitor your local area marketing campaigns. Commercial real estate is a property type that is centred on the sentiment and activity of the local business community. Your local area marketing should be centred on three parts of the local property market. That is:
- Property Investors
- Business Proprietors and Tenants
- Property Developers
Each year you should set aside funds for local area marketing. That is the marketing of the individual salespeople and also the real estate office. The marketing tools available for your promotional purposes should be systemised within the groupings that work locally. They will usually be:
- Signboards on properties available for sale or lease
- Internet Advertising on your website
- Internet Advertising on generic industry based websites
- Success letters to the local property owners and businesses
- E-mail marketing through specific newsletters
- Hard copy brochures and flyers specific to the property type or the individual property
- Direct mail to the local property owners
- Direct mail to the local business community
- Just listed letters to the adjacent and nearby property owners
- Referral business through previous contacts
- Established relationships with the older transaction clients
- Database pipeline regular contact
- Cold call prospecting in your local area
- Canvassing of the local streets relative to the commercial property zone
So these are all marketing tools to be used by the salesperson or real estate office. Any enquiries generated should be tracked to the particular originating point of contact. In that way you will know the marketing tools that work more effectively for you.
Today there is a tendency to take the easy road when it comes to property marketing. Electronic Systems of contact such as e-mail, email newsletters, and Internet Marketing are convenient for the salesperson to use, but they should not replace the traditional advantages of personal contact and physical meetings.
In simple terms, tracking your marketing activities will allow you to understand the processes that really do work when it comes to attracting enquiry. Each and every enquiry should be entered into the property enquiry database for regular ongoing contact given the desired property type or attributes needed. An up to date database is of high value to your real estate business and commissions.
When you evaluate your marketing you can make better decisions when it comes to attracting property enquiry for your clients. The agent with the best local database will be of high relevance to the property owners needing help with a property challenge. Use your database and your marketing tracking activities as points of difference in selling your listing proposals.
You can get more tips for commercial real estate agents at our website http://www.commercial-realestate-training.com/