This is going to be another busy and challenging year in commercial real estate sales and leasing. How you focus and act as a real estate agent will be the key to getting results.
I lot of agents and salespeople start the year saying that they will improve many things this year and yet do nothing different. In a few weeks from now they are back to their old patterns of action and reaction.
The key fact that needs real understanding here is that nothing changes unless we change our efforts and systems. Better daily systems are the keys to obtaining a new set of habits in commercial real estate agency. Here are some systems that I think most people can improve on:
- Prospecting has to be the most avoided skill in the industry. Make a decision to prospect more effectively each and every day from now on. Speak to more people and keep the process going.
- The listing presentation and pitch that you make is now more important than ever before. Most listings are competitively pitched for by a number of agents. Your pitch and sales presentation process has to be better than the competitors. This will take effort and practice.
- Your database is the key to more opportunity. Grow your database off the back of effective prospecting. Talk to more tenants, landlords, property investors, and business leaders. You will find the opportunity waiting to be tapped.
- Get more signboards on your listed properties. Perception is everything in local area marketing of commercial property. Put your name on all signboards. Be seen and known as the local agent of skill.
- Practice your negotiation skills so they are developed and advanced. You will need these skills to handle difficult listings, contracts, and leasing.
There are other things that you can do, but let’s keep things simple. These are the ‘big rocks’ to handle when it comes to improving your commercial real estate business.
If you need some more ideas to help your commercial real estate career or agency business, visit our website at http://www.commercial-realestate-training.com/