If you have or are commencing a career in commercial real estate, you have to get consistent results in one form or another. Results can be in listings, closed deals, sales, leasing, property management appointments, and the list goes on. On that basis you cannot waste a day. Every day has to be planned. It is up to you.
So what goes on out there in the real world? Some if not most salespeople just take every day as it comes. They start work at about 9am and they stop work around 5pm. In between those hours stuff just happens. They have no plan, they have no system, and they do so many different things that consistency is non-existent. On that basis they do not give themselves a fair chance of success.
So what does this random process produce? The answer is poor quality open listings, average property enquiry, and not many deals in sales or leasing.
Low commissions will not make you wealthy. There are enough costs in this property game to drain most of your hard earned money inside 12 months. Do not waste time; if you have chosen this industry as your road to financial freedom, then you had better work to a plan and system. When things are not working, you adjust your actions and focus; that’s the rule.
If you really want to get somewhere in commercial real estate the facts are clear and have been set in stone by those high achievers in the industry.
- Prospect every day to a consistent plan of streets and property type
- Get to know lots of property people and business leaders
- Create your own database that is accurate and up to date
- Understand that you are the only person that can make your career happen
- The results that you get are nothing to do with the market, the boss, or the office that you work for
- Improve all your skills through practice on a personal basis (i.e. prospecting, cold calling, negotiating, presenting, pitching)
Life gets very hard if you do not follow the rules. When you do follow the rules, then things change quickly for the better; you have the keys.
If you want some more tips for commercial real estate agents and salespeople then visit our website at http://www.commercial-realestate-training.com/