The newsletter process in commercial real estate brokerage is of high value in maintaining contact with qualified prospects. In saying that far too many agents don’t have a system of approach to improve the newsletter; they simply send out listings and property details on an irregular basis.
There are more things that can be done to improve content and relevance of the newsletter to the prospects and clients within a real estate brokerage database.
Here are some ideas to making this marketing process work more effectively:
- Establish an account with an online auto responder service so that you can capture contacts and prospect information online. You can then take the HTML code for the auto responder service and load it onto your website home page. Those people that visit your home page can then subscribe to your newsletter in a convenient and relevant way.
- The subscribe process should include what is called a double opt in option. That then preserves the integrity of the subscribers that you attract and alleviates errors or spam complaints online.
- If you currently have a blog that you contribute towards, that is also a good place to load the auto responder HTML code to capture people to your database. The blog is then a further capture point for people interested in property in your location. To lift the visibility of your blog, load informational property articles on a regular basis (at least 3 per week).
- In your newsletter you can place both articles relating to the property type and also listings exclusively listed with your brokerage. The newsletter thereby becomes more interesting and relevant to the readers.
- If you specialise in an area of your town or city, then create special newsletters for the categories of property that you work on. Most particularly that would be Office, Industrial, and Retail. Each category can then feature sales and leasing opportunities in each property type.
- Given the market share that you control and the profile of people in your database, you can sell advertising space to businesses locally.
- Ensure that your auto responder service has the mechanism to handle subscribes, unsubscribes, and responses. In that way people can make their own choices and remove themselves from your list if that is what they want.
There is always a discussion about just how many people you should have in your database and how many newsletters you should send out to your contacts on a regular basis. As a general rule an individual agent should have a database of at least 500 people in their database. Providing that database is segmented into property types, it is permissible to send an email based newsletter on a weekly basis. Relevance and new information will help you do that effectively.
Get more tips like these in our Agents and Brokers Newsletter right here.
You must be logged in to post a comment.