If you are located in a busy town or city from a real estate perspective, most of your listing presentations will be quite competitive. For that reason your property initiatives should be innovative in all respects to give you the edge against your competitors.
Consider these questions:
- Why are you the best agent for the listing?
- How are you a specialist in the property type?
- How can you improve the property marketing process to make listings standout?
- How can you improve the property outcome for your client in a timely way and for a better monetary return?
- What marketing approaches are you using today that are producing the best levels of inbound enquiry?
- What is your conversion rate and inspection ratio like from marketing your exclusive listings?
Very specific questions like these will help you build your point of difference for any property presentation. The good news is that most agents (your competitors) do not do a very good job at being different and unique from a property marketing perspective. That is an advantage for you to tap into. Your entire exclusive listing approach can be built around your uniqueness and the successes that creates.
Here are some ideas to help you tap into your property market completely and directly:
- Direct Marketing wins more business every time. Connect with your property market and prospects every day directly. That means talking to ever more people by door knocking local businesses and making lots of cold calls. Grow your database strategically as part of building your market share of listings, prospects, and business contacts.
- Promote Exclusive Listings Directly. When you have an exclusive listing, take it personally to the property market. Use the listing as an excuse to talk to a lot of new people. Ask questions about property needs and opportunities as you do so.
- Online Promotions should be a big part of every property marketing campaign. The online approach today for commercial real estate can include the property portals, your blog, article directories, podcasting portals, and business websites. The key to online success is in your ability to keep up the momentum over time. Don’t expect big results if you only do something online once; the real momentum starts if you keep doing the right things every day online. Every exclusive listing should be directly and specifically promoted in a number of online portals and places. Create 3 different advertising layouts and copy to be featured in every marketing campaign for an exclusive listing.
- Social Media feeds can be linked to your blog activities and database records. Keep your social media efforts professional and relevant to the area. The search engines attach value to location and information. Your social media posts should be structured in that way.
- Success letters can be sent out for every successful sale or lease that you complete. Those letters should be sent to business owners and property owners in the immediate vicinity of the listing. Invite people to call you and ask questions about the concluded successful transaction.
- Signboard Designs should be special. Get away from the generic sale signboard designs that all other agents use. Every exclusive listing should have a carefully created board of generous size, and the board itself should contain special information targeted to the property buyers that you are looking for.
Are you ready to be relevant and innovative in your local area as a real estate agent?