In this market and economy, the real estate agents that are the most successful are the ones that push themselves to do the hard things every day. Progress and market share today are not random things; they only come from definite action to a real personal plan. There are good listings out there to lease and sell; it just comes down to how much work you put in as part of the prospecting and pitching process.
Here are my experiences on a plan of action to take in a tougher real estate market:
- Prospect by cold calling every day to new and established contacts for at least 3 hours
- Run a database program to capture your enquiries (a simple program is just fine)
- Get in front of 2 new people every day from your prospecting calls
- Make 40 to 50 prospecting calls per day
- Keep in contact with your prospects and clients on at least once every 90 days (or more frequent)
- Practice your dialogue for presenting and negotiating
- Get your business card and face in front of many people in an ongoing way
If you follow these things and tips, you will generate more leads for listing and conversion to deals. Work hard and the business will come.
You can get more commercial real estate tips for agents at http://www.commercial-realestate-training.com/