When you work in commercial real estate today, the pressures for finding the buyers and sellers is high. On the seller side of the equation you can find plenty of them when you prospect and cold call every day. That being said, not enough agents do the prospecting at sufficient levels to get anywhere. The end result is slow progress in penetrating their market.
A good question to ask here is why would you not do something if it could bring you great benefits and market share? Only a few agents and salespeople out of every 100 ever really deal with the personal prospecting requirements and consistently get it right. In saying that there is a huge opportunity awaiting those agents and salespeople that take the required action.
Agents need to market themselves more. If and when they do that, results start to come in. It takes a good 3 months of hard effort to really create the change, but you will see new things happening fairly quickly. So what actions should you take? Try these for measure:
- Prospect by cold calling each working day for a period of at least 2 hours
- Selectively walk down the streets containing local businesses and drop in your card. Try to speak to the business owner about the local area and their property needs.
- Get more signs into your territory on each and every listing. Your name should feature on all the signs that you place on your listings.
- Build a significant database of tenants, business owners, landlords, developers, franchisees, franchisors, and financiers.
- Look back into the local sales records for your area and contact call the property owners who purchased property about 3 or 4 years ago. They will be the next ones to make a move on property.
- Talk to all tenants in your area about the expiry date of their leases. Keep in touch with them as that date gets nearer in case you can help them with alternative premises or property
Marketing yourself as a commercial property expert is not hard; it just takes consistent effort. That is where so many agents fall down. Are you up to the challenge?
You can get more free tips and ideas for commercial real estate agents and salespeople at my website http://www.commercial-realestate-training.com/