Whilst it seems obvious, persistence is the key to success in selling or leasing real estate in any market. Yet so many salespeople struggle with the fact and the discipline.
The property market is tough for many salespeople today, and yet with a little bit of persistence and commitment they can build a better business; they just get out there and they can do it.
Persistence comes alive in many types of activity in real estate. Here are a few of the great ones I see in the best salespeople I know:
- Persistence in finding good quality properties to list for sale or for lease
- Persistence in talking to local business leaders about their business occupancy needs
- Persistence in making 50 or more cold calls every day to local property owners and business proprietors
- Persistence in target marketing every property they have listed
- Persistence in networking existing contacts and clients so they are remembered
- Persistence in direct marketing each property by the telephone to qualified prospects
- Persistence in formulating inspection strategies for every property listed
- Persistence in talking to all the local financiers about finance availability and requirements
- Persistence in negotiating even when the deal seems dead
- Persistence in taking action even when they have heard the ‘no thanks’ response 50 times
The property market has become a whole lot more selective and restrictive, yet this will change again one day and we will have a better market. For the moment there are buyers and tenants out there who want to occupy premises. The only way to find them is through persistent and thorough prospecting; it’s a personal process. It takes a special person today to handle this fact and do something about it. The great advantage they will have is that they will succeed where most of the competition salespeople not taking action will fail. Success awaits those that work hard and persist with their prospecting plan. You can get more tips for real estate agents right here at http://www.commercial-realestate-training.com/