As a real estate agent of over 30 years I have seen many agents come and go. Some salespeople do well and others do not. The reality of the industry is that you get back what you put in. Your success has nothing to do with the economy or the time of year; it has everything to do with your focus and your daily actions. I say that at a time of global changes and pressures; even at this time the results that you get back as a salesperson or real estate agent are self generated.
Here are the top 7 tips that I give people that are new to the commercial property industry:
- Your success is always possible if you create your focus, feed it with passion, and work hard.
- Make prospecting a daily habit of 3 hours every working day. Keep in contact with clients and prospects at least every 90 days, so you become top of their mind when it comes to property in the future.
- Research your market constantly for prices and rents. Watch for new developments and monitor supply and demand of lettable investment property.
- Know that commercial property changes hands on average about every 5 to 7 years. That should be a target for you to prospect.
- Use other agent’s signboards as a reason to talk to all other property owners in the street. They may prefer to compete with the other listing.
- Practice your dialogue, negotiations, and presentations so you are the best in selling the property listing, inspection, or dream.
- Document everything so problems and misunderstandings cannot develop.
You can do very well in a career as a commercial real estate salesperson. Commit to these 7 rules and the market will open up for you.
You can get more career tips in commercial real estate at http://www.commercial-realestate-training.com/