When you work in Commercial Real Estate as a salesperson or agent you hear so many people claim that prospecting has to be done. Your boss and your peers all proclaim the fact that you must prospect for new business. The reality is that not many people do the prospecting every day or nearly enough for the market that they work in.
If you want to stand out as the best agent in your area and have the successes in selling and leasing property, you really have to make prospecting the number one element in your daily diary. Here are some great prospecting strategies that I have used and some that others have used to be successful in their property market:
- Make the prospecting process a key part of your diary time management
- Speak to new people in your territory every day
- Maintain contact with qualified leads and opportunity based people at least every 90 days so you are top of mind to them
- Use the telephone for cold calling to save yourself time in prospecting
- Get out into the streets and get to know the business leaders and owners
- Talk to all the tenants in your area to see what they are doing in leasing in the future
- Identify the major properties in your area and speak to the property owners on a regular basis
- Create personalisation tools that build your image and brand personally such as cards, notes, and personal letters
- Electronic communication is very powerful today, but it does not replace the high value of a call or a meeting with the person
- Make it your focus to get in front of at least 2 people every day in meetings or presentations.
Success in real estate is a personal thing. It is up to you in all respects. Create a plan of action around the points above and then start work. Soon you will be spreading the word about your services and speciality to the people that matter in your property market. You can get more tips for real estate agents here at http://www.commercial-realestate-training.com/