When you work in commercial or retail real estate sales or leasing, the ideal of territory domination is quite appealing. The question is how can you build your territory to that great level when there are so many other agents around all serving the same patch of ground?
The answer is in the basic and traditional signboard. In simple terms, the more that your sign appears in the local area on and in the marketing of quality property, the better your chances of territory domination.
In these days of internet and email marketing, it is still the sign on the property that creates an image in the local area for you.
The signboard is your branding extension for your office and people. That is why every sign today should be optimised for personal contact and maintained in pristine presentation. Each signboard should contain:
- Dot point description of the property (about 5 dot points)
- Photo of the property if possible
- Build the signboard on the age old marketing principles of AIDA (Attention, Interest, Desire, Action)
- Use the whitespace principle to keep the sign readable and uncluttered
- Name of the responsible salesperson
- Email contact for the salesperson
- Mobile phone contact for the salesperson
- Agent address and branding
- Web site for viewing property detail
- Property reference number so the property can be quoted over the telephone.
When you adopt a signboard optimisation plan for your personal branding, the local market starts to know you as the expert that you want to be.
You can get more tips for commercial real estate salespeople at http://www.commercial-realestate-training.com/