Your clients are your fast track to listing success and momentum. You need more clients and high quality ones at that if you really want to progress in the market. The first question to consider is what makes up the ideal client profile in this market. Here are some criteria which may help your thinking:
- Experienced property investors that own existing property in the area
- Property owners that are not financially stressed due to high financial gearing
- The owners of successful commercial industrial or retail property in the precinct
- Solicitors with property related clients needing assistance
- Accountants with property related clients needing assistance
- Property developers in the local area
When you take a group of people such as these, you want to identify the deal making relationships that have productive opportunity. You should initiate the original contact with the correct people yourself by letter and or telephone as appropriate. Professional salespeople make the direct contact, and use it as an opportunity to strengthen their personal brand.
When making contact with the right people, state the purpose and objectives of each contact from the very beginning. There is no point in being manipulative or vague in commercial real estate as the people we deal with are very business savvy. Clarify the current requirements and objectives of the person you speak to; acknowledge any questions and answer them directly.
The best salespeople in commercial real estate are those that put together the deals and the opportunities for the clients they work for. Relationships take some time to build and may also take some time to show the fruit of the contact, so constant contact is the rule in all client relationships.
You can get more tips for commercial real estate agents and brokers at http://www.commercial-realestate-training.com/