When it comes to commercial real estate agency activities, the concept of a listing agent driving new business opportunities is sometimes overlooked. The process of having one or two listing agents in your office does have merit providing you set the right rules and operational systems.
This is what a listing agent will generally do for you:
- They will generate more listings faster than the other agents because that is their speciality
- They will help you get more signboards into your territory
- They can drive new business in segments, property types, and locations
Not every salesperson will be a good listing agent. It requires a special type of person that easily builds relationships and converts listings. This says that the person or people that you put in this role should be:
- Expert in time and task management so they are prospecting every day in the right way
- They have systematic call processes to underpin call and database growth
- They target quality new listings in locations that sell
- They understand the processes and methods of sale so each listing is correctly established given the local property trends
- They can present the agency and their listing offering well to customers and prospects of all types
- They can list all types of property comprehensively and correctly with all types of prospects and clients
- They can design marketing campaigns that tap into the right target market for each and every property type
- They commit to the process of database collation and usage.
- They build strong client relationships for the long term.
A good listing agent will generate listings more efficiently than other agents in the office. Given that listings are the lifeblood of the real estate business, it is essential that the listing agent is correctly paid commission from each and every deal. When you find the right agent for this role you have the potential to create more listing growth. Just ensure that the business relationship between the listing agent and the others in the team correctly protects the client connection for the long term. Give the client a great business experience in listing, marketing, negotiating, and follow-through of any sale transaction.
You can get more tips on commercial real estate agency practice at our website http://www.commercial-realestate-training.com/