Make no mistake, this commercial or retail property market is quite tough; that being said things still do sell and lease. It takes a tough salesperson with great focus and action to make it in today’s property market.
Some of the best people that I have seen today, still do the basics. That is the secret to their success. The basics drive their business ahead. Here are some ideas to help you:
- Make prospecting the number one action that you take every day
- Build a database yourself of contacts that you know have a commercial or retail real estate need
- They market their listings specifically to the target audiences that they know are active
- They look for new opportunity each day and then chase it to see what conversions can occur.
- They meet new people as part of spreading their personal brand
So effort is required to make these things happen. There is a lot of difference between being great and being ordinary in this property market. In every team of 10 salespeople, there is likely to be only one that stands head and shoulders above the others with better listings and commissions.
Is it easy to do this stuff? I guess the answer has to be no, but the rewards are many for those that can take action and build their business today.
That’s my ideas about this property market today, and I hope it helps you given the challenges that you have. If you want more tips for commercial real estate agents and salespeople, simply visit my website at http://www.commercial-realestate-training.com/