If you do things correctly in commercial real estate, one good quality listing campaign will lead to other things and opportunities.
Understand your listings for that locally based opportunity and use the formula wherever possible.
What’s your plan?
Build some sales magnetism in commercial property. Here are the rules to help with this idea:
- Your listing will be location based. When the property comes to the market, get into the location and talk to lots of local people. Tell them about the new listing, why it could be important to them, and how you can help with more information.
- Target market your properties. Every listing can be taken to certain business owners, investors, and industry professionals. Make this a special part of your client services. Define the target market as you pitch for the listing, and then comprehensively connect with the target market through the campaign.
- Test and measure everything you do with listings. The variables of property marketing today are many. Online and offline marketing can be selectively undertaken and then the results can be tracked. Soon you will see what seems to be working with your promotional campaigns; you can then tell the clients exactly what they should to as part of their listing promotion.
- The people that inspect your property listings should be comprehensively qualified so you can show them other things as they come to market. It is interesting to remember that the best listings create the best leads and prospect inquiry. If you lift your listing focus for that very reason, you will find that your database will grow faster and with higher conversion factors.
- Choose the best method of sale and particularly use the exclusive listing process. When you look at any subject property, the methods of sale that you use should be high on inquiry generation and inspection creation. Do you know what types of campaigns and methods of sale are better than others currently?
- Help your clients succeed. A successful outcome for your clients could be a higher price or rent, a shorter time on market, or a timely sale that fits into their business activities and investment plans.
When you seriously think about these things, you will soon understand that most agents and brokers are very ordinary. They don’t do much with the listings that they win. What a mistake! They list, advertise, then hope for a result. That is the generic marketing approach; it doesn’t do anything for your brokerage profile or client base.
What’s your choice?
Get very active with your listings and help your clients succeed under the pressure of property challenge. Seek to understand the client and their property issues, and then chart the course of resolve. Commitment and initiatives will help you get there.