When you grab the attention of the property investors and tenants in the local commercial property market, you can rise to the status of a top agent locally. In this way you can attract more listings and clients. Every agent wants to do this; but you need a plan to get there.
It is not overly easy to rise to the top of the industry. It takes real effort from you personally and the establishment of your own marketing plan that you can stick to. Each and every day you follow the steps in your plan.
Here are some ideas to help you get started:
- Signboards throughout the local area will be very important. Most of the deals that we do in sales and leasing are done with people from the local area. The signboard will help you get the message across the region of just who you are and what you have available by way of quality listings.
- Direct marketing around every listing will be critical. Every listing is a great opportunity for you to talk to other business owners and investors in the area.
- Success letters and flyers should go out into the local area from each successful marketing and listing campaign. Sell your successes into the region.
- Prospecting requirements will always exist. They do not go away. Get on the telephone to make cold calls every day, and also visit people in your territory. Personal contact is really important.
- Top marketing systems and campaigns will strengthen your profile as an agent to be watched. If you market a listing in an effective and special way, the people in the market place will notice you. That’s what you want.
- The best listings will produce more enquiry than ordinary ones. Get the best listings on your books and market them comprehensively. Be known as the agent with the best properties to sell or lease.
- Conversions of listings to sales or leases will be a factor of importance. You can have a lot of listings, but if they are not moving, then you have some more work to do. Promote each exclusive listing in a comprehensive and positive way.
- Editorials for each good property should be encouraged where the media will cooperate with you. The fact of the matter is that the traditional newspaper media is fast becoming redundant in property promotion, however they do like to boost readership and a quality local property will help them do that.
- Internet based marketing, Blogs, and Social media, are all parts of the more mainstream marketing effort in commercial and retail property today. Make sure that you have everything under control.
Today you must market yourself as well as your properties. When you get the balance right, it is much easier to rise to the top of the local property market as the agent of choice.
You can get more tips like this in our Commercial Real Estate Agent Newsletter right here.