Do you want to lift your brand locally in commercial real estate sales? You will need a plan to achieve that. Each day you can then take more steps towards the top agent status that you require.
Why is a brand so important in commercial real estate brokerage today? Well, the fact of the matter is that you really want the prospects and clients in the local area to remember you. Your brand, your professional skills and your local area knowledge are all part of that.
There are plenty of competing agents around you all chasing the top clients and prospects. Deliberately stamp your brand on the local property market. Make an impression of the highest professional standards.
The clients and prospects today are smart; they will very likely have made their inquiries and undertaken their investigations to determine who is the best agent to help them with their sales or purchase requirement. In the presentation or listing pitch that they are asking you to provide, they are testing you.
They want you to demonstrate your ideas and confirm that you are the best choice of agent to help them. Are you up to the challenge? Can you prove that you are relevant and special to the client’s situation? What are your points of difference?
Here are some ideas to help you to lift your profile as a top broker or agent in investment sales:
- Canvas the quality buildings in the location – talk to all the occupants in the best buildings in your territory and the priority precincts. Give the facts of the buildings or assets, the location, and the leases, look at how you can help with investment improvement or new property purchase. You can service both purchasers or sellers (not at the same time though – you can only have one client). Your services can be ‘tweaked’ accordingly for the clients that you believe have the most opportunity for you; match your sales knowledge and local area coverage into those client types. You can be a buyer’s agent or a seller’s agent. Specialization helps in each case.
- Talk to specific property owners of high value – perhaps the clients that you know own multiple properties locally. Perhaps they spread their investment risk across different property types. Portfolio ownership and investment performance is quite special today.
- Create a VIP list within your database – those people are the very special prospects and clients that you will be servicing at a higher level over time. Develop some special VIP services to achieve that.
- Hold regular industry updates – you can hold industry briefings for your best clients and prospects on a quarterly or half yearly basis. Treat them differently and give them plenty of comparisons and case studies from the location and the recent transactions. Have a few stories to tell from the local region.
- Establish an online marketing strategy incorporating social media – as you talk to more people from the region, share your ideas with them through social media. Your online presence today is really important; don’t just market your listings, but also market yourself.
In building your brokerage brand and your personal profile locally, search through all the property ownership records and the business registers to start your contact processes in a complete and logical way.
Don’t leave one property owner out of your contact processes. Build your brand with the people that own the assets. List your properties exclusively and control your listing stock.