Make no mistake; the commercial real estate market is tough at the moment. That being said it pays to be totally committed as a real estate agent to prospecting and talking to new people.
Somewhere out there in your local area are some buyers and tenants that need property. Talk to as many people as possible. I say that at least 50% of your time should be in prospecting and cold calling at the moment.
Here is a list of some other things to avoid if you are a real estate agent.
- Unqualified tenants and buyers that want to inspect property at short notice
- Taking on property that is overpriced or has been over marketed by other agents
- Marketing property that is not matched to a target market of tenants or buyers
- Unnecessary and lengthy meetings in the office for no real reason
- Cutting your commissions for the sake of getting a listing
- Other members of the sales team that want to take up your precious time for their reasons and not yours
- Property owners that say they want to sell the property but will not put vendor marketing funds on the table
- Property owners that will not commit to an exclusive controlled listing for a reasonable period of time
They are simple rules but they will help you stay on track to a better real estate business and commissions in this market. Work hard and the results will come. You can get more about this at our website http://www.commercial-realestate-training.com/