When working as a real estate agent, you frequently come across the aggressive competition from other agencies in the local area. The real question is who provides the best benefit and the best service when it comes to selling or leasing commercial property. You have to prove that you are the best. Can you do that? It’s an interesting question.
Far too many agencies and salespeople believe there is a necessity to discount their services, fees, or commissions just to attract a listing and remove the competition. The reality is that the process is counterproductive and does not produce the quality of service that the property owner deserves. So when a property owner asks for discounts it is far better to focus on the strategies and skills that you provide and that will you know will make a real difference in the sale price or rental for the property.
Small discounts and adjustments to fees are miniscule and irrelevant when it comes to the comparison of a better price or rental in a good property transaction. At the end of the day, the property owner deserves a comprehensive marketing campaign that taps into the target market for the property.
The real benefits that you provide in selling or leasing a property for the property owner can easily be explained in the following way:
- understanding the necessary time on market in the current economic climate
- selling the property with more momentum and in less time
- knowing what the best method of sale would be for the property today
- details of comparable rentals and prices in the local area
- the best marketing alternatives to expose the property to the correct target market
- negotiation strategies that can formulate and direct a quality contract or lease as the case may be
- a comprehensive database of leads and opportunities from previous campaigns that are yet to be satisfied
- an awareness of positioning the property prior to the commencement of marketing so that it achieves the best possible impression with potential purchasers
- a strategy off the inspection in and around the property to highlight the correct enhancements and value adding features which will build the momentum to a potential sale
If you show the seller that you really do provide benefit in these areas, any question of discounts or low commissions is really not of any relevance to the seller. Change your focus accordingly in any listing presentation.
You can get more free tips and online coaching articles for commercial and retail salespeople at http://www.commercial-realestate-training.com/