When you work in commercial real estate sales and leasing, the territory dominance that you achieve is largely created by your own personal endeavours.
There are far too many ordinary salespeople out there today. When the property owner wants to sell or lease their property they really do need the agent with territory dominance. That is the agent that knows:
- Where the enquiry is coming from
- What the enquiry is looking for
- The limitations on finance in the local market
- The marketing campaigns that really work
- What deals are being done and on what basis
- How to draw in the right target market for the property.
- When to close in on a genuine enquiry from a buyer or tenant
- Has the majority of quality property listed in the local area
Whilst every agent should know and provide these things, the reality is that many do not do well on the performance specifics.
Looking at these simple issues, they are all related to things that you as the real estate agent can and should take to the seller or property owner as part of the sale or leasing campaign. This is where value and service stands alone as the best way to attract the client to your specific property solutions. Market and territory dominance supported by knowledge and experience will help you attract more quality listings.
You can see more of my free tips and articles for real estate agents at http://www.commercial-realestate-training.com/