In commercial real estate agency, it pays to role play and personally practice your listing presentations. Now it is known that many agents dislike ‘role play’ immensely, but it is still a fact that those that regularly practice are better agents and can convert the listings at a greater rate than their competitors.
When your income and your listings are at the centre of such an important process, wouldn’t you think that the matter is non-negotiable? With role-playing you can improve your client contact, sales pitch, and presentation skills.
Here are some facts that can be put into your sales pitch and listing presentation practice process.
- Understand the client as to property priorities and pressures. They will have some key things that must be satisfied for a listing and subsequent sale or lease to occur.
- Knowing the property prior to the presentation is essential. The property will have factors of location, improvements, presentation, income, and expenditure to be considered. Take plenty of photographs around the property to use as a simple photographic presentation on your laptop computer or tablet. Photographs can help a lot when it comes to connecting correctly with clients as you talk to them about the property.
- Market facts and information should be checked and up to date. The client will have some perception of the prevailing market conditions. Invariably most clients really don’t have any understanding of the real facts that have the impact on their property.
- Competing properties will be of concern, considering that there are so many properties unsold or vacant currently. Provide the client with clear information relative to the other properties located nearby and that remain on the market.
- Show the client what is happening when it comes to inquiry, marketing, and inspections. Give the client some strategies that avoid the problems identified with the other listings.
- A successful property presentation is really all about providing the right information in a confident way; showing the client how to move through the property challenges that they currently have. You can use a Gantt graphing process to show them the clear stages of property marketing, inspections, and negotiation.
It should be said that some properties are quite unique when it comes to the listing presentation. That is certainly the case when it comes to larger office and retail properties.
The complexity of the property will require an in depth evaluation prior to any sales pitch. Top agents tender specialise when it comes to property type and location. This helps the conversions when it comes to the listing presentation.
Start practising your sales pitch and listing presentation. Role play the process as part of your weekly team meetings. Every salesperson in the team can learn from the experiences of others.
Get more information on this in our Newsletter.