Some property owners are sensitive to agents promoting themselves, although the reality of the situation is that commercial agents and salespeople have to be well known to be successful and dominate market share.
When you think about it the agents that dominate the market are the most desirable for clients to use and market their property through. Enquiry is everything when it comes to selling or leasing commercial property. The agents that are well known are the most likely to have a quality database of good contacts and qualified prospects.
Clients do not want to market their property through some unknown agent. That is why and how you can show the client that any request for lower fees or commissions is not a part of the agent selection. If they want to really sell or lease their property fast and obtain the best result then they need the agent that dominates the local area. Commissions and fees are secondary to that choice.
If the client wants to choose an agent that offers the lowest sale costs and minimal marketing, then let them. They are not the client that you need; let them waste their own time with the other lesser skilled agents with no or low market share.
To market yourself as a real estate agent specialising in commercial real estate, adopt some of the following ideas into your efforts and prospecting processes:
- Get your name on lots of signboards in your territory. Importantly the signboards should be on quality local properties that create enquiry.
- Send letters to all the larger property investors, builders, developers, and business leaders in your area. As part of that process you will need to make follow up calls so see if you can create some meetings.
- Start a personal blog on the internet talking about the properties in your local area. This helps you with personal profile and will help the search engines rank you higher as the expert for the local area. To do this you can use the popular blogging platforms such as www.blogger.com or www.wordpress.com
- Write and lodge articles on the main internet articles sites such as www.ezinearticles.com or www.articlesbase.com to show that you know a lot about the commercial property type and the local area.
- Cold call people on a daily basis to arrange meetings with qualified people that have an interest in local property activity.
- Speak at industry events or for community groups about property trends in your local area. They are always looking for good speakers that know about the local area.
- Build a database so you can keep in contact with the right people in the property community.
As you continue to market yourself comprehensively through your local area, you will find that leads and opportunities evolve from the most unexpected sources; this will only happen when you market yourself.
You can get more free tips for commercial real estate agents and realtors at our website http://www.commercial-realestate-training.com/
You must be logged in to post a comment.