When you run a commercial real estate agency you should have clear and precise goals relative to your marketplace. When the market gets tough you need to know what your plan is and how you are positioned in the pecking order of local agents.
You cannot always be at the top of the local agents, but close to that top position is important.
Your actions to stay somewhere near the top of the market are critical to the success of the office and can be optimised by some or all of the following:
- Get signs on all the listings controlled by your office and keep the signboards in good order and appearance.
- As a preference choose listings that are exclusive and controlled. You cannot control listings that are openly listed; the property owners in that case are likely to do anything and move to other agents without telling you.
- Track the other agent’s listings for expiry and unsold stock and then make contact with the owners that are not being serviced well by the other agents. This then says that you should provide a better service that the opposition or competition agents.
- Talk to all the tenants and business owners in your local area as they will know more about the trends and changes to property in their street than you do. They will have seen other businesses change or seek alternative premises. That local property intelligence is critical to building fresh leads and opportunities to list or serve in sales or leasing.
- Ensure that your website is optimised for the maximum exposure to search engines (SEO) relative to your local area. That should include the suburbs, towns, and property type. This can be the realm of experts, so seek a good internet advisor to help you here.
- Start a blog to discuss property matters in your area and by property type so you can link those blogs back to your website. The key fact and focus of doing a blog is to be very regular with blog entries. Use your market knowledge to write factual and interesting articles about the local property market. A blog a day will build significant SEO exposure for you or your office very quickly.
- Look backward in the sales and leasing history in the local area. The sales and leases about 3 years ago will give you leads for the next properties and businesses to come back in the market soon. Talk to the local people and put them into the database. Regular contact is really important here.
A great commercial real estate office is a reflection of a great real estate team that is proactive in a variety of external marketing channels and activities. Get the exposure of the office and yourself up to the next level. You can get more details on running a commercial real estate business at our website http://www.commercial-realestate-training.com/
You must be logged in to post a comment.