Here is an interesting question to ask any commercial real estate salesperson. ‘What are you not doing today that you should be doing?’ In the answer that you get you will likely find the big problems that are holding them back from achieving more from their market.
Here are the things that most commercial sales people do not do enough of:
- Prospecting for new business and new clients.
- Inspecting the competing properties so they know what they are up against in the local property market.
- Keeping in contact with those clients that have the really tough listings to market and sell or lease.
- Touching base with all the local businesses on a daily basis to see what property ‘needs’ they may have in the future.
- Personally taking each property listing to the local business community through a street walking cold canvassing process.
- Finding and connecting with new property investors that may want to expand their property portfolio.
I could go on but I think you get the message here.
Step Up to the Challenge
Salespeople avoid the things that are hard or challenging. Reluctance soon sets in and the salesperson is then about the same as all the others in the local area. I don’t know about you, but being as good as the competition doesn’t thrill me too much; better is a good target and a benchmark.
Many, if not all salespeople join the commercial real estate industry knowing that the opportunities are huge in both income and lifestyle. That fact is always there in all markets, good or bad (even now). The good results that we get are driven from the actions that we take. It is the big and important things that we do not do each day that hold back the results that we get.
So opportunity exists right now today in your property market; you just need to tap into it. The best place to start is with the really important things that you are not doing.
Some underperforming salespeople just move from agency to agency every 18 months or so, thinking that the move will solve their market share and listing problems. Other salespeople of similar type stay with the same agency and just go nowhere special when it comes to listings and commissions. The income ‘pain’ just goes on.
Enough is enough! It is time to make a change and take charge of the future. A better time in the industry is available for all; the key lies within all of us.
Top agents take charge of what they are doing. They move strongly ahead with a consistent plan of attack. They are prepared to take the difficult steps forward every day. Soon they set new habits as part of taking action and dominating the property market.
In just a short time things can change in a major way. Are you up to the challenge? Are you ready to rise to the top of your market? Now is the time to get started.
Need more tips to help your commercial real estate business? You can get free tips at our website right here.