When a client or prospect comes to your commercial real estate office for a meeting or to make any property enquiry, there are different ways to extend your services and advertise your property solutions. ‘Point of sale’ advertising is normally thought of in retail shop situation, but it can also help you in attracting enquiry, listings, and more commissions over the long term.
Think about what you can do in the reception area of your office. How can you spread the news about what you can do as local commercial property specialists? Exactly what do you do for property owners, landlords, business owners, and tenants?
Your services can and should be promoted in your reception area as well as in any meeting with prospects and clients. Your business marketing material should support the process.
Ideally you should have a reception area that contains ‘point of sale’ brochures and information about your current property listings but also the various services offered by you and your team.
Here are some ideas for development and placement of that ‘point of sale’ material:
- Local property agent profiles of all your team will be of interest to the people as they wait in the reception area for any meeting or in making an enquiry. All of your staff should have personal profiles on specially prepared marketing material in reception. Add to this a business card stand for all members of your team.
- All of your exclusive listings should be displayed in the reception area on display cards or similar featured display stands.
- Have a few specially prepared guides to help the different types of people that come to your office. The guides can be written from the angle of sales, investment, leasing, tenant advocacy, and property management.
- Research material relating to the local property market will be of interest to most people. Include details of sales, rents, supply of space, demand for space, and vacancy factors locally.
- Remember to provide a few examples of great marketing campaigns and quality properties that you have worked on in the past. Show that you have been successful in the past and that you are agents of skill and knowledge.
- Plenty of quality photographs of local well known property will also keep the reception area interesting.
- All your marketing material should be consistently branded in colour and form.
- Include some forms in your reception area for clients or prospects to fill in their contact detail; make it easy for them to request information in both email and hard copy form. All genuine contacts need to get into your database with the supporting information of what property type and location is relevant for each person or group. The standard form should reflect the essential local detail and ask the right questions.
A real estate office can really be a vibrant place that sells your knowledge and expertise. Use these ideas and others to spread the impression that you truly are the great property people that you claim to be.
You can get more free tips and articles on commercial real estate agency practice at our website http://www.commercial-realestate-training.com/