In this tougher commercial property market there are all sorts of pressures and hurdles to handle in agency on a daily basis as you look for the right prospects and deals. Importantly each and every day your system should take you forward a bit further towards the targets that you are chasing.
In saying that there are some really important observations that will help you understand the bigger issues and then help you get somewhere.
- Many agents and salespeople have very little system. They do not do the right things every day and on that basis they struggle. They take each day as it comes. Very few salespeople have a personal business plan that they stick to and modify as they go through the year. That is a massive opportunity. You can quickly get past the competitors that have no base plan or focus.
- Most towns and cities have elements of activity to tap into. You just need to know what to look for. If you can move from sales to leasing, you will always find property listings and business to tap into. On that basis become very versatile with the property services that you offer.
These two simple facts will set the scene for new business. Stop working for others and start working for yourself; when you really accept and understand that the process of new business comes from you personally, the doors to new listings and deals open very quickly. Property business is always out there; it is just a matter of what you can do about it. Stay away from any negative and poor performing salespeople in your team; you do not need to travel their road to destruction.
Self-belief is a wonderful thing; self-action is even more powerful. You need both to get somewhere in commercial real estate.
If you have not got a base plan for your working day, here is a simple one that works for some agents that I know. One of those agents earns 7 times more than anyone else in that office. Here is their plan:
- Start the day on the telephone doing some prospecting. That means a time frame of about 2 hours that can take you through to 10:30 am in the morning.
- Move all your meetings beyond 11:00 am every day.
- Leave your paperwork to the time beyond 5:00 pm every day.
- Get your of the office when and only when you have finished your prospecting.
- Visit your territory and sales patch every day to meet new people and to door knock new businesses that you have not called on before.
These 5 simple things are not done by most salespeople every day. That shows just how easy it is to be better than the others that you compete against.
Need more help? You can get more tips and ideas from our parent website http://www.commercial-realestate-training.com/